[opensuse] My desktop has become "lazy" lately
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2007 13:03:29 +0100 (CET)

Hi,

That's the best description, its become lazy. Some times, if I'm not typing or moving the mouse, the entire machine stops. I see the display of gkrelmn stop. I was calculating the size of a directory using 'mc', went out for an hour, and the thing was exactly as I had left it: no work done at all.

I move the mouse, and it suddenly starts silently working again for a few seconds, then stop.

I go to ctrl-alt-f1, start there "top", and it works. I go back to the desktop (gnome) and the laziness seems gone. As I'm writing this, I stop that 'top', and the desktop continues working - no, it doesn't, it stops after 10" or so.

I set the clock to show seconds, it works. No seconds, it stops - but not always.

What is happening? Kernel? Desktop? Goblins?

- -- Cheers,
Carlos Robinson