Re: [opensuse] another webmail and calendar program
  • From: "Chuck Payne" <terrorpup@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2007 23:56:10 -0500
On Dec 11, 2007 6:14 PM, David C. Rankin <drankinatty@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Bob wrote:
On Tuesday 11 December 2007 02:50:23 David C. Rankin wrote:
Chuck Payne wrote:
Guys,

I been using squirrelmail for some time, at one point I tried to
install openxchange, with no luck. I am looking for a program that is
"FREE" that let do webmail you share calendars.

[snip]
egroupware - hands down

I just installed this using Yast from

http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/server:/eGroupWare/openSUSE_10.3/

but I can't start the installation routine from Firefox. I have entered the
address http://localhost/egroupware but get the response "Firefox can't
establish a connection to the server at localhost."

I have changed the file /etc/apache2/conf.d/egroupware.conf so that
AllowOverride FileInfo has replaced AllowOverride None - doesn't help.

I notice that eGroupWare expects to be unpacked in /srv/www
/htdocs/egroupware
but this directory doesn't exist here. Yast has put egroupware
into /usr/share/egroupware. Could this be my problem? Has anyone (David?)
any
suggestions on running egroupware on opensuse 10.3?

Usually, I don't let yast touch egroupware, I just install by either
installing the .tgz from the srv/www/htdocs directory or doing a svn
checkout in the same directory. What I would try is a to move the
/usr/share install to /srv/www/htdocs making sure to preserve
ownerships. Then you will need to make sure
/srv/www/htdocs/egroupware/header.inc.php is writable by the web server.

-rwxr-xr-x 1 wwwrun www 5814 2007-08-29 10:41 header.inc.php*

To configure and setup egw, first login to:

http://yourserver/egroupware/setup

go through the steps and fix any errors, then normal login will work from

http://yourserver/egroupware

Don't forget to modify php.ini or php5.ini and set memory_limit > 16M,
32M or 64M is usual.

Also see:
http://www.egroupware.org/egroupware/index.php?menuaction=wiki.uiwiki.view&page=ManualSetup

for additional information

--
David C. Rankin, J.D., P.E.
Rankin Law Firm, PLLC

Thanks I will take a look at egroupware. Looks lot better than
phpgroupware. Cube, don't you have to pay for it?

Command, n.:
Statement presented by a human and accepted by a computer in
such a manner as to make the human feel as if he is in control.