Re: [opensuse] another webmail and calendar program
  • From: "David C. Rankin" <drankinatty@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2007 20:50:23 -0600
Chuck Payne wrote:
Guys,

I been using squirrelmail for some time, at one point I tried to
install openxchange, with no luck. I am looking for a program that is
"FREE" that let do webmail you share calendars.

Ones that I know and don't want are ...

OpenWebMail
IlohaMail
and Horde

Sorry just I have tried the three above and Horde got me shut down for
a couple days because of the php issue that let people up files.
Anything, would be great. Squirrelmail is great, but I don't have the
cash for nutmail, I love their templates.

Anyway, please give me some feed back sorry for being picky.

egroupware - hands down

www.egroupware.org, the mailer isn't as good as squirrelmail right now,
but the rest of the package is awesome. Calendar, robust address book,
notes, to do, call log, tracker, wiki, project manager, knowledge base,
timesheets all built on php, apache, mysql with a ldap backend option.
Very active project. 1.4.002 is the current release and you can checkout
the svn code and stay updated easily. This may be much more than you are
looking for, but it is true open source code that works amazingly well
and gets better every day.

--
David C. Rankin, J.D., P.E.
Rankin Law Firm, PLLC