Re: [opensuse] rsync questions - backups - again !
  • From: Bryen <suseROCKS@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 08 Dec 2007 10:22:03 -0600

On Sat, 2007-12-08 at 09:58 -0600, Billie Walsh wrote:
Bryen wrote:
On Sat, 2007-12-08 at 07:10 -0600, Billie Walsh wrote:

<SNIP>

It takes three "programs", Mindi, Mindi Busybox, and Mondo. Get the
rpm's from Mondo Rescue to install. One portion is missing from the SuSE
repos. You start it from CLI then get this rather DOS(y) looking GUI.
Not exactly beautiful, but functional.

If it is an official Suse repository, have you filed a bug against the
missing portion?

<SNIP>

I am not so sure it's a "bug", or at least I wouldn't think it was.

A bug doesn't just mean something is broken. Although, if that
component is considered important, I would consider the fact that it is
missing as broken. It could have been filed as an enhancement or as a
heads up to whomever packaged it.

Anyway, I'm not sure which repo Yast finds Mindi and Mondo in but in my
searching I didn't see Mindy Busybox. All three now show up in my
Software Management, but I'm not sure if that's because I have them all
installed or because it's now there. I also can't tell what repos they
are in. Mindi does show a newer version installed than available elsewhere.

In Software Management, if you click on package information, you usually
can see at the bottom of the dialog which repo it came from.

So, I just installed the rpm's from the Mondo Rescue site. Worked like a
charm.

About all that's needed is to copy Mindi Busybox into the repo.
--
---Bryen---