Re: [opensuse] what is file "/etc/aliases.YaST2save"
  • From: Glen <gb2@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 04 Dec 2007 20:38:06 -0800
listreader wrote:
A new user question: what exactly is the file "/etc/aliases.YaST2save"
and what YaST2 or other module uses it?

Others may correct me, but that's a backup file of /etc/aliases, made just before Yast2 makes modifications to it.

As a side note, while I was trying to use YaST2 help to look for an
answer to my question, I got the following rather unhelpful response: msbmain:/home/rsil # yast2 mail setup help
Unknown option for command 'setup': help
Use 'yast2 mail setup help' for a complete list of available options.

Ha! That one made me laugh. I had to read it through twice to get the point of it.

Again, others may correct me, but I would bug-report that one! That's a GOOD bug! :-D

Best wishes,
Glen