Re: [opensuse] vmware and fake scsi devs
  • From: Bob S <911@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2007 21:44:43 -0500
On Monday 03 December 2007 10:09:38 pm Cristian Rodríguez wrote:
kanenas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx escribió:
It seems there is one major downside to all the disks being "called" scsi
devices in 10.3.

There is no downside, error or annoyance, it is just a well known
change.. did you read the release notes ?

http://www.suse.com/relnotes/i386/openSUSE/10.3/RELEASE-NOTES.en.html#09

I'm sorry Cristian, but there is a downside, and a big annoyance. By being
limited in the partitions available. Especially with the huge drives that are
available today, That is a very big downside. Not only that, when I
installed 10.3, it renamed my other two IDE drives, and changed their order.
Really !!! Why ?

I know, I know !! There was a big discussion on this list about that awhile
back. We patiently await fixing the partition limitation. Soon? I hope ?

Bob S