Re: [opensuse] Reset settings for -> "Open With.." > "Remember application association.."
  • From: Aaron Kulkis <akulkis00@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 03 Dec 2007 06:14:54 -0500
Jonas de Buhr wrote:
hello!

Am Mon, 03 Dec 2007 17:44:33 +0800
schrieb williamkow <williamkow@xxxxxxxxx>:

I have a folder which contain all my MP3 songs/files, then I
right-click the folder, and chosse "open with", and select Amarok,
and I tick "Remember Application Association..",

you just told your desktop envirmonment to always open folders with
amarok instead of a file manager. in most desktop environments (you do not mention which one you use...)
this setting does not refer to _this one folder_ but to _folders in
general_.

after that, whenever I open any other folder, Amarok will be
opened, How to fix it ?

this is exactly what you configured ;)
to fix it:

right-click a folder, and chosse "open with", and select
<FILE_MANAGER>, and I tick "Remember Application Association..",

and to play mp3s just start amarok from the menu...

Yet another reason why file associations are evil...

the whole concept makes people braindead.