Re: [opensuse] Reset settings for -> "Open With.." > "Remember application association.."
  • From: jdd <jdd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 03 Dec 2007 11:00:39 +0100
williamkow wrote:
I have a folder which contain all my MP3 songs/files, then I right-click
the folder, and chosse "open with", and select Amarok, and I tick
"Remember Application Association..", so that i can play MP3 songs in
that folder.
after that, whenever I open any other folder, Amarok will be
opened, How to fix it ?

go to kde control center, and find "file association" (the exact position and name may depend of your version)

the problem is oftent than there are "linked" extensions. mp3 may be (just as an example) linked to mpeg, I had the problem for jpg and jpeg.

You have then two tags where you can find applications to be launched

I always find this setup confusing, last time I asked an html file to be openned by gvim, and after that it used this news setup by default. No easy to surf the net :-))

jdd

--
http://www.dodin.net