Re: [opensuse] Toshiba Sattelite Laptop (p105) Wireless Connection set up for Suse
  • From: "David C. Rankin" <drankinatty@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 02 Dec 2007 22:50:27 -0600
Katheline Chapin wrote:
I have a new laptop, Toshiba Sattelite, P105, Came with Vista, and I
installed Suse 10. Both are installed and running like a top, except I
cannot get Suse to recognize the Wireless connection. I have a Linksys
Wireless router and whatever the internal card in the laptop is. I can
gather more info if I knew what was needed. The wireless works
wonderfully on the Vista side. Any help or walkthru will be helpful. I
have been trying to get it to behave, but have not been successful so
far.
Thank you,
Kate

You most likely have an Atheros card. Load the madwifi drivers and all
will work. They are available from the suse repositories.

--
David C. Rankin, J.D., P.E.
Rankin Law Firm, PLLC