Re: [opensuse] Second Try: Redesign of YaST Control Center
  • From: Russell Jones <russell.jones@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2007 10:14:55 +0000
Russell Jones wrote:
Carlos E. R. wrote:
I don't really care about the icons, they are just eye candy. As far as I'm concerned, text entries would be just as fine. But I understand others think different, so they'll come with ideas.
How about a List/Details view of the icons, i.e. icons scaled to about 0.8cm next to sortable columns of text?
Alongside this on the left could be a directed graph presented as a tree, i.e. with icons multiply categorised. The selected level would be displayed on the right.

I think the idea of having a, for want of a better term, user competence filter is a good one, too.
This could extend within YaST modules, simplifying the interface and making best guesses as appropriate.
Ideally, at the highest level all of sysconfig would be exposed through YaST.

Russell Jones