Re: [opensuse] Second Try: Redesign of YaST Control Center
  • From: Russell Jones <russell.jones@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2007 10:14:55 +0000
Russell Jones wrote:
Carlos E. R. wrote:
I don't really care about the icons, they are just eye candy. As far as I'm concerned, text entries would be just as fine. But I understand others think different, so they'll come with ideas.
How about a List/Details view of the icons, i.e. icons scaled to about 0.8cm next to sortable columns of text?
Alongside this on the left could be a directed graph presented as a tree, i.e. with icons multiply categorised. The selected level would be displayed on the right.

I think the idea of having a, for want of a better term, user competence filter is a good one, too.
[OT]
This could extend within YaST modules, simplifying the interface and making best guesses as appropriate.
Ideally, at the highest level all of sysconfig would be exposed through YaST.
[/OT]

Russell Jones