Re: [opensuse] Process launching directory
  • From: Aaron Kulkis <akulkis00@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2007 13:12:18 -0500
Cristea Bogdan wrote:
I mean the directory external to the process. I have the same C++
program, with different configurations which I compile and launch from
different directories in order to save the results in different
places. I launch the program with nohup, I can see that there is a
process running in the background, but I can't figure out from which
directory it was launched.

Have you looked at /proc/[PID GOES HERE] ????

try

ls -al /proc/PID | grep cwd

where PID is the numeric process ID.

note -- not 100% accurate, as a process can change
it's current working directory... but for most
processes, that's the directory it was called from.