[opensuse] compiz-fusion help
  • From: "Frikkie Laubscher" <frikkie.laubscher@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2007 10:06:14 +0200
On Friday 09 November 2007 07:49:08 pm Bob S wrote:
On Friday 09 November 2007 01:26:29 pm Ted Markowitz wrote:
FYI, Bob, I see exactly the same "cube-less" behaviour. This is on a new
Dell Latitude 830 running openSUSE 10.3, with compiz and emerald
apparently functioning OK under Xorg 7.2 using an NVidia Quadro NVS 140M
card with the native NVidia driver (100.14.19). All the compiz plugins
appear to work, e.g., the wobbly windows, etc., and I can get the
viewports to scroll using the cube functions (Ctrl-Alt-Down,
Ctrl-Alt-Right, Ctrl-Alt-Left). However my cube, like yours, appears as
a flat, left-right scrollable ribbon and definitely does not appear in
3D as per the demo videos. I've yet to figure out why, but at least you
can assure yourself that you're not seeing things. ;-)

If anyone has any more suggestions, please continue to share them. Thanx.

--Ted

Thanks for the info Ted, and to the rest of you for trying.

I did the suggested rm -rf /home/yourusername/.config/compiz* and there
was no change. There really wasn't much in
the /home/bob/.config/compiz/compizconfig/config except "[kde_session]
profile =" I've also done the ctrl +alt+ right/left arrow which will
rotate the screen. Still don't get a cube.

I also did the following which was suggested and this is what I got.

Easystreet:/ # gnome-xgl-settings --disable xgl
bash: gnome-xgl-settings: command not found
Easystreet:/ #

Now, Ted, I don't get a "ribbon" as you state. My display is full screen. I
do get a "ribbon" (about 1/3 screen height) horizontally across the center
of the screen which displays the other apps which would be open on the cube
when I do a ctrl+alt+down arrow and will remain as long as I hold down the
ctrl+alt keys. Then I can continue holding the ctrl+alt and do a left or
right arrow and the focus of the center app will change.

Think there could be a problem with the 100.14.19 driver? Anybody using
that with success?