[opensuse] What happend to the suse-sles-e mailing list?
  • From: Robert Scheck <scheck@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2007 19:43:34 +0100
Hello all,

today I noticed that the suse-sles-e mailing list, normally reachable via
suse-sles-e@xxxxxxxx, disappeared silently. Or said with more unfriendly
words, the list was dropped - but why?!

Even the archive at http://lists.suse.com/archive/suse-sles-e/ isn't there,
because http://lists.suse.com/archive/suse-sles-e/2007-Oct/0068.html ends
just in error 404. E-mails to suse-sles-e@xxxxxxxx seem to be dropped, no
reply, no failure, simply nothing.

As I'm subscribed to that list I would have expected at least a short mail
before this list got killed or a notice about the replacement. Can a SuSE
respectively Novell employee please tell me something about this at all? If
possible, please avoid any openSUSE/SLES mixtures or kinds of Novell flames
in reply mails as this was already and unfortunately done by several people
at IRC on freenode's #suse - thanks.

I'm still looking for a SuSE Linux Enterprise Server mailing list, because
openSUSE can't help with SLES issues or problems/bugs which only exist in
SLES and not in openSUSE. And as SLES is Enterprise (at least I'm thinking
so - feel free to correct me, if I'm wrong), I prefer a separate nice list
to keep further on apart what has to be separated...

Greetings,
Robert

--
Robert Scheck
Web: http://www.etes.de E-Mail: scheck@xxxxxxx

Registergericht: Amtsgericht Stuttgart HRB 721182
Geschäftsführende Gesellschafter: Markus Espenhain und Jan Theofel
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Stuttgart
USt.-Id.Nr.: DE814767446