[opensuse] display freezes on "log out" OK on shutdown. What to check?
  • From: "David C. Rankin" <drankinatty@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 01 Nov 2007 16:09:29 -0500
Mates,

Suse 10.3, kde, compiz. The screen freezes on log out and will not
return you to the login prompt. You can see the text screen from boot
flash just for a second before kdm tries to restore the login. The the
screen goes blank. (not totally black like off, the display is still
active, it's just black) The system is hardlocked and must be hard
reset. ctrl+alt+[either del or backspace] has no effect. Lockup occurs
regardless of whether the WM is kwin or compiz. The logs are empty.

What should I check or what link can I read to start to sort this out?
thanks.

--
David C. Rankin, J.D., P.E.
Rankin Law Firm, PLLC