Re: [opensuse] Making MP3s - SUSE 10.3
  • From: James Knott <james.knott@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2007 19:55:54 -0400
joe wrote:
James Knott wrote:

How the #@$@#$ do you make MP3's in SUSE 10.3?

There are all sorts of ways - I use grip, others use k3b, or kaudiocreator.

There was a utility in
10.2 that I used to create them. Kaffine appears able to create .ogg
files, but not mp3. However, I don't have a portable player that
handles .ogg.

hmm, I think adding the usual stuff from packman should do the trick. There's
a writeup on the suse wiki about external repositories.

I found it in another message.

I can't figure out how to get Amarok to even play a CD!!!

When I insert a CD, amarok pops up a dialog box asking if I want to play it.

The problem is that even though it shows the CD tracks and appears to be
playing, there's no sound. It can play mp3 and ogg files. Other apps
can play the CD.