Re: [opensuse] kmail signatures
  • From: Jim Cunning <jcunning@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2007 15:30:44 -0700
On Tuesday 23 October 2007 14:43:40 ianseeks wrote:
On Tuesday 23 Oct 2007, Carlos E. R. wrote:
The Tuesday 2007-10-23 at 22:02 +0100, ianseeks wrote:
[...]
Nobody is expecting you to scan all of your previous
email. You are expeted to DELETE all that unneeded text before you write
the answer at the bottom.

No.
I guess you don't correspond to people in the business world very much
apart from other techies. Business demand email trails. Heard of SOX?

Notwithstanding the place where a signature "should" be placed, the only
Sarbanes-Oxley trusted email trail I think would be one assembled by the
email server, based solely on the Message-Id, In-Reply-To, and References
email headers in the original messages as they are processed by the mail
server. I personally would not consider content of an embedded message quote
trustworthy, because of the potential for malicious modification of its
content by other than its original author.

[...]

Jim