Re: [opensuse] Resizing partitions safely
  • From: nordi <nordi@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2007 16:34:22 +0200
Anders Norrbring wrote:
Is there a way to "safely" resize extended partitions? I have a 2TB extended partition that has some reiserfs partitions inside and I'd like to shrink it without data loss.

Just have a look at [1], this is exactly what you want, right? Everything else is probably just a frontend that uses the same commands. I think that Yast can do this, too. At least I recall shrinking a ReiserFS back when I installed Suse 9.3.

Regards
nordi

[1] http://www.namesys.com/shrink_reiserfs.html