Re: [opensuse] Problem sending and receiving mail

----- Original Message ----- From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "OS-en" <opensuse@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, September 17, 2007 4:37 AM
Subject: Re: [opensuse] Problem sending and receiving mail

The Sunday 2007-09-16 at 20:55 -0600, Alfredo Cole-Tuchler wrote:

I have another box running openSUSE 10.2 that is configures to use the Windows
machine as its internet gateway. I can surf the web ok, and I can send and
receive mail using Evolution from the Gmail account, but not the other
account.

I would think you misconfiguration evolution somehow. Do it again. Or the
remote pop server is down, or the windows machine is already connected to
it.

An error message would be good to have. Crystal balls are expensive and
unreliable.

- -- Cheers,
      Carlos E. R.

It's true. It's even worse here in Honduras. But really, Evolution goes through the process of downloading mail from my Gmail account, and then it says it found, say, two messages from my other account, and just waits until it shows an error message that basically says the connection timed out. If I pop that account from the winbox using outlook express, it downloads the messages fine, so the server is not down. So I'm really baffled.

Thank you and regards.

--
Alfredo Cole-Tuchler
Tegucigalpa, Honduras