[opensuse] automatic logon
  • From: Mikus Grinbergs <mikus@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 16 Jun 2007 20:39:59 -0400
I set up a 10.2 system for a friend, such that when the system is booted the GUI session for his id comes up automatically (no manual logon needed). That part works well.

But once in a while I would like to log my friend's session off -- and manually log in another id in its place. However, if I log out of his session, that session is __automatically__ started right up again. What I've been reduced to is to use "New Logon", and have the other GUI session be in *addition* to the original session.

Is there a simple way (e.g., without going into maintenance mode) how I can close the automatic session, and __not__ have it restart ?

mikus