Re: [opensuse] Audio Woes
  • From: Jerry Houston <jerry.houston@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 08 Jun 2007 06:34:42 -0700
Ladislav Slezak wrote:
OK, the card is recognized by the system and the problem seems to be
driver related...

Is there something interesting in /var/log/messages or in 'dmesg' output?
Does 'modprobe snd-hda-intel' help?

Answering from work, so I can't check on messages right now. I did try modprobe, and there was no output of any kind. No information, no error messages, just a fresh command-line prompt. I assume I didn't need to run that from any particular directory, do I? I did run it from an admin console.
The card might not be supported by ALSA, I don't know the current status...

That's the impression I got from alsaconf. Its first message was that it couldn't find a PCI card. Is there another place where I should be looking for an updated version of ALSA, or would that come along in the normal course of applying available updates? I've been doing that.

As far as I know, this motherboard is reasonably competent, but it's not exactly bleeding-edge. It surprises me that its sound card is so difficult to support.

Regards,

Jerry in Bothell, WA