Re: [opensuse] Flash
  • From: Darryl Gregorash <raven@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2007 10:41:10 -0600
On 2007-02-26 16:44, Patrick Shanahan wrote:
> * Jay Smith <susehelp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> [02-26-07 13:59]:
>
>> So I installed Flash 9 from tarball onto my computer. It works pretty
>> well except on some sites, drop down menus will go behind images or
>> I'll get a lot of grey in some areas. Anyone else experience that? If
>> so, how did you fix it? Maybe there's a setting in firefox or
>> something?
>>

> Know that you have introduced potential problems to your system
> installing a tar-ball. openSUSE is an rpm based system and your rpm
> dabase does not know about flash9. Best to remove the tar-ball and
> install the available rpm,
> flash-player-9.0.31.0-2.1@i586
> ftp-1.gwdg.de/linux/suse/opensuse/repositories mozilla/

The problems Jay describes exist even in the version from SuSE. IIRC, I
encountered them with Flash 7 also.

This may not be a problem with the flash player; rather it may be a
problem with the flash coding posted on some sites, as it is not
universal, but is restricted to only a few sites.

--
Moral indignation is jealousy with a halo. -- HG Wells