Re: [opensuse] Flash
  • From: Jay Smith <susehelp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2007 17:33:42 -0800

>Know that you have introduced potential problems to your system
>installing a tar-ball. openSUSE is an rpm based system and your rpm
>dabase does not know about flash9. Best to remove the tar-ball and
>install the available rpm,
> flash-player-9.0.31.0-2.1@i586
> ftp-1.gwdg.de/linux/suse/opensuse/repositories mozilla/

On one computer I did the RPM as suggested, no real difference. As for the
tarball, all it is is the two files that RPM would normally place into folders.
When you download the tarball, you pretty much just manually place those files.
There seems to be no real compilation. Either way, both computers show similar
problem. I was just hoping someone else had this problem. I hear that there are
like some settings you can tweak like in Ubuntu or Freespire so I figured it may
be the same.