Re: [opensuse] Smart.
  • From: John Andersen <jsa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2007 21:14:23 -0900
On Wednesday 21 February 2007, Fred A. Miller wrote:
> Don't you just love the never ending insistance from Smart that it must
> have a key from subkeys.pgp.net or it will puke on the install? Of course,
> frequently the key is not available. This has been a major pain in the butt
> since the first release of Smart and is beginning to really irritate a
> number of users.
>
> Fred

Especially given the intermittent flakeyness of the keyservers of late.
Some may just not be reachable from time to time, others just
disappear for days at a time. I've had to change my
primary keyserver in kgpg three times in the last month.

IMHO there has been entirely too much evangelizing of smart
on this list. If Novell had not forced the developers down the ZMD
road smart wouldn't get the time of day around here.
Talk about a "New Coke" story.!!!

--
John Andersen