Re: [opensuse] About Backing Up
  • From: Bruce Marshall <bmarsh@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2007 15:30:45 -0500
On Sunday 18 February 2007 15:14, Carlos E. R. wrote:
> I wish we had some open backup software as reliable as that one was, but
> using modern media, like dvds, for instance.

I spent a lot of time working with DAR and daromizer which is a front end to
DAR.

DAR is quite flexible on its output and with daromizer to setup most of the
backups... it worked quite well.

However...... I found that DVD's are not that reliable... when you write
them yourself. And that goes for DVD's created in a TV-DVD-recorder or on a
PC. I don't use DVD's for backup any more.