Re: [opensuse] LILO/Grub Problem Solved Clarification
  • From: Bob S <usr@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2007 23:13:38 -0500
On Thursday 08 February 2007 04:58, Joe Morris (NTM) wrote:
> Bob S wrote:
> > Sooo....now if I understand this correctly my 10.0 and windows hard
> > drives are booting from Grub instead of LILO.
>
> Correct. The nice thing about grub is to change things you only need
> to edit your menu.lst file (with an appropriate editor ;-) ) and you
> are done. No need to run lilo nor grub. No changes need to be made
> in the mbr.

Joe, and/or others,

To clarify my understanding. One of the reasons I did not use Grub in the
past was that I didn't understand how it worked.

When using Lilo it edited the MBR, correct? What is happening now when
using Grub? What is in the MBR now? It doesn't change? Does the MBR now
refer the boot process to Menu.1st?

Bob S