RE: [opensuse] Daylight Savings Change
  • From: "Hirayama, Pat" <phirayam@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2007 14:46:38 -0800

So, I adapted the following instructions for Canada to fix DST on 8.2
and 9.x systems on my US systems.

https://secure-support.novell.com/KanisaPlatform/Publishing/112/3615274_
f.SAL_Public.html

Basically, I did the following:

To verify that I had to fix DST:
* zdump -v US/Pacific | grep 2007

* Grabbed a copy of tzdata2007a.tar.gz from ftp://elsie.nci.nih.gov/pub.

* Extracted the files from it.

* zic northamerica

To filter out regions that didn't have tzdata info in older distros.
* grep US backward > backward.america

* zic backward.america

To check that it worked:
* zdump -v US/Pacific | grep 2007

To relink localtime setting:
* zic -l US/Pacific

Since I did my testing in VMware, I reset the date to 1:59:55 on 3/11 to
watch that it rolled over to 3 am. Also reset it to 1:59:55 on 4/1 to
see that it rolled over to 2 am.

Anyway, it seemed to work as far as the OS seemed concerned. Hope this
helps.

-p

~~~~~~~
Pat Hirayama