Re: [opensuse] I give up!
  • From: Kai Ponte <kai@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2007 06:11:02 -0800
On Thursday 01 February 2007 19:30, M Harris wrote:
> On Thursday 01 February 2007 20:57, Charles R. Buchanan wrote:
> > Learning should be fun
> > imo, but it (learning) can be so darn frustrating at times, especially
> > when its something that should be so simple, and sometimes those simple
> > problems are the biggest pita things! :-(
> The biggest frustration you are going to have is trying to run both...
> you'll notice soon enough that if you go with one or the other (I would
> recommend Linux) things become soooo much easier (read better).

Extremely valid point. Though I still have the token W2K system and am forced
to downgrade to Windowx XP at work, 99.9% of what I need can be done in *nix.

SUSE excels at managment tools and stability. Once you figure how to do a few
things "the linux way" it is worth your while. For the past year, now, I
pretty much dread having to go back to Windows. Though, like most, I've got
SUSE on one system and Wintendo on another.

For those few apps I need in SUSE, they provide Wine or you can purchase
Crossover Office ( which allows you to run many
Wintendo applications on Linux, such as Visio:

or MS Office:

or MS Project:

or even IE:

> I have been windoze free for several years now... I change the things I
> can, I accept the things I can't change... and I look to a higher power to
> help me know the difference! You can change too...

/me stands up...

"hello, my name is kai."

"I have been window free for..."

Free Compean and Ramos