Re: [opensuse] Still trying to get DVD to work
  • From: Niels Østergaard Kjær <linux@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 01 Feb 2007 17:32:02 +0100
Carlos E. R. wrote:
> The Wednesday 2007-01-31 at 08:55 +0200, Hans van der Merwe wrote:
>> Well, I'm baffled.
>> If there is nothing in /var/log/messages can't see how to debug the
>> problem.
> You can increase kernel verbosity.
> /etc/sysconfig/syslog:

on an experimental basis I have suse 10.2 reacting to a DVD media now.
(Fred did u read this ? :)

from yast - software - search:DVD marked following:

dvd+rw-tools, libdvdcss, libdvdnav, libdvdnav-devel, libdvdread,
libdvd-devel, subtitleribber.

with this the light is blinking in the CD/DVD rom, a window shows up
(have a DVD film inside) and asks for viewer to chose.
Chose kaffeine and a new window shows up:
kaffeine - 0.8.3 installation check
kaffeine-xine OK
KDE 3.5.5 OK
get it from videolan, did that
dvd drive OK
DVB device: no found
distribution: not xine -lib from SUSE but from packman.

Problem now: have packman as a source already, but using YAST -
installation sources doesn't show the xine-lib file at packman (uses

YAST : search : shows xine-lib , but is this from SUSE or packman ?? if
it is from SUSE how do I write a sourcelink in YAST for packman.