[opensuse] not SOLVED Re: how to configure grub to show its menu through a serial console?
  • From: Zhang Weiwu <zhangweiwu@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2007 09:04:51 +0800
在 2007-01-27六的 01:34 +0800,Zhang Weiwu写道:
> Here is the mistake I made. The two lines
> serial --unit=0 --speed=115200
> terminal --timeout=15 serial console
>
> MUST be used at the very begining of menu.lst configuration file. If
> it's used in wrong place like my example config file (see end of this
> email) it has no effect.

No. My method doesn't work. It only worked one time, after that it never
worked again. I only see one time when grub menu appeared on the
terminal by that time I happen to have just had moved the two lines to
the begining of grub's menu.lst. Later using the same grub menu.lst file
always display menu on tty0.

Strange. Still looking into grub documents.