RE: [opensuse] Need Router Recommendation
On Monday, January 22, 2007 @ 8:50 PM, John Andersen wrote:

>On Monday 22 January 2007 17:32, Greg Wallace wrote:
>> I just purchased a Belkin 4 port router and the built-in firewall in it
is
>> leaking like a sieve (constantly getting intrusions). I had always used
>> Linksys, but they just don't seem to last very long in my experience.
So,
>> I'm looking for alternatives. I like IOGEAR equipment, but they don't
make
>> wired routers and I'd just as soon not go wireless right now (personal
>> choice). In doing some browsing, I found out that Netgear and D-Link
both
>> make wired routers. Anyone had experience with either of these? Anyone
>> have another alternative brand to recommend?

>I've used Netgear and found them quite satisfactory.

>I've used both their wired and wireless.

<snip>
>John Andersen
>--
Well John, I went down to Fry's today and bought a Netgear 4 port router. I
tried to set it up and it couldn't even connect to my ISP, which is cable
modem and assigns ip addresses automatically (so how could it fail to get
the address?). So, I plugged my leaky Belkin router back in and was up and
running again immediately. I guess I'll try a D-Link router next.

Greg Wallace