Re: [opensuse] Re-installing from sources
  • From: Patrick Shanahan <ptilopteri@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2007 17:25:06 -0500
* Sergey Mkrtchyan <crusoe@xxxxxxxxxx> [01-15-07 15:36]:
[...]
> Yes, I'm running 10.0, but YaST brought it's "No Results" for
> checkinstall. Anyway, I've already downloaded and installed it from
> Pbone.

I hope a "SUSE or openSUSE" rpm..... Others use different locations
for system files.

I don't understand not finding it in YaST. Is is 'provided' on the
install dvd for 10.0 as well as every version I have installed since
8.0, iirc.

> I did enjoyed it, even after giving me lots of errors and
> final:
>
> **** Installation failed. Aborting package creation.
> Cleaning up...OK

Note that *all* of the required supplementary packages must exist. And
checkinstall must be ran as 'root'.

OpenSUSE Linux http://en.opensuse.org/