Re: [opensuse] suse 10.2 and intel wireless 2200 card...
  • From: "Andy Harrison" <aharrison@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2007 20:45:44 -0500
On 1/10/07, Andy Harrison <aharrison@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
tarball. Now I'm booting cleanly with no errors so it's just a matter
of trying out the wireless access when I get home.

I finally managed to get it working. I was previously using a wpa
tkip passphrase, but I couldn't figure out how to get that working. I
was trying to do it partly from yast and checking configuration
settings from the command line with ifconfig and iwconfig. I'm sure
it was something I was doing wrong, but it seemed as if changes
weren't being made even after I clicked "Finish" in yast unless I
rebooted after. I would make the change in yast, click the Finish
button, look at iwconfig and it would not show the changes I had made.

I was getting annoyed so I just reconfigured my wap to use a wep
pre-shared hex key, rebooted, logged in, it prompted me to enter the
key, and everything worked right away.

--
Andy Harrison