Re: [opensuse] suse 10.2 and intel wireless 2200 card...
  • From: "Andy Harrison" <aharrison@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2007 16:47:57 -0500
On 1/10/07, Roger Oberholtzer <roger@xxxxxx> wrote:
I have installed the ipw-firmware-7-31 RPM. It contains these relevant
files:

/lib/firmware/ipw2200-bss.fw
/lib/firmware/ipw2200-ibss.fw
/lib/firmware/ipw2200-sniffer.fw

Maybe they were not in the 7-10 version. They are listed at the end,
implying they were added last.

Someone else pointed me to that file as well. I checked your
suspicion and it was correct, the files were not included in the 7-10.

I just did a yast update of the kernel-default package to replace
those lost files from the make command in the ieee80211 source
tarball. Now I'm booting cleanly with no errors so it's just a matter
of trying out the wireless access when I get home.

--
Andy Harrison