Re: [opensuse] Query Repository for Package information
  • From: Jeffery Fernandez <forums@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2007 21:46:14 +1100
On Tuesday 09 January 2007 21:20, Darryl Gregorash wrote:
> On 2007-01-09 04:11, Jeffery Fernandez wrote:
> > <snip>
> >
> > Darryl,
> >
> > You haven't read my message fully.
>
> You wish to query a package on a repository.

just clarifying a bit here... not a public repository but a YAST sources
list.. you know when you setup different sources on your system. The ability
to query these package sources either via command line or gui for the package
files. I would think the details would be in the meta data which gets
downloaded as I can do the same on other RPM based distros.

> then Yast
> should show all the information there is from a package query, including
> the file list.

Thats what I am after.. but apparently it doesn't show you the file list if
its not installed. Same goes with changelog info. Now why would someone
suppress the changelog as well? Wouldn't people look at the changelog and
decided if they want to upgrade a package ?

cheers,
Jeffery