Re: [opensuse] Query Repository for Package information
  • From: Darryl Gregorash <raven@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 09 Jan 2007 02:32:38 -0600
On 2007-01-09 01:31, Jeffery Fernandez wrote:
> Hi
>
> Is there a tool on OpenSuse 10.2 where I can query packages from the Software
> repositories?
>

> something similar to rpm -qipl <package name>

The manpages are your friend.

FTP/HTTP OPTIONS
rpm can act as an FTP and/or HTTP client so that packages can
be queried or installed from the internet. Package files for
install, upgrade, and query operations may be specified as an ftp
or http style URL:

ftp://USER:PASSWORD@HOST:PORT/path/to/package.rpm