[opensuse] Network Manager??? (WiFi problem)
  • From: "Dennis J. Tuchler" <dennis.tuchler@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 07 Jan 2007 14:12:11 -0600
My wireless "card" (really an Intel Centron wireless feature) was read and installed when I installed my 10.2, SO I tried to connect with a wireless router. Firefox reported that it couldn't connect. So, as su, I entered ifup eth1, to which I received this reply:

Network interface is managed from Network Manager
Network Manager will be advised to set up eth1 but
it cannot be assured from here.

There is no "Network Manager" on the Yast2 menus. What is this all about? Is there a HowTo or some other material on this problem?

--
Best regards,

Dennis J. Tuchler
University City, Missouri 63130