Re: [opensuse] arts, alsa and oss
  • From: Curtis Rey <crey@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2007 15:50:50 -0800
On Friday 05 January 2007 04:39, Clayton wrote:
> > As the poster said you should verify the rights for the group audio,
> > one more thing to remember: in openSUSE 10.2, users are by default NOT
> > in the audio group anymore. Rights to the Sound Device is handled
> > different. Maybe for OSS the group Membership is still required?? I just
> > don't have anything around to test it.
>
> Well.... the only way I could get any sound working at all in 10.2 was
> to add myself to the Audio group. Once I did that, I could get sound
> via ALSA... but nothing at all via OSS.

crw-rw----+ 1 root audio 14, 3 2007-01-05 15:34 /dev/dsp

Might wanna do a "chmod ugo+r /dev/dsp*

The same might hold for the other sound devices. From the print out only the
root and audio groups have read access. Depending on the protocol Cedega
uses, it might help to give the "o" (other) read access. Also check the
dmesg print out after starting Cedega.

HTH, Curits.
--
Spammers Beware: Trespassers will be shot,
survivors will be shot again!

I don't want a politician I can believe in.
I simply want a politician I can believe!