Re: [opensuse] errant 'who' behavior [fixed]
  • From: Carl Hartung <suselinux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2007 08:26:52 -0500
On Thursday 04 January 2007 07:54, Kenneth Schneider wrote:
> If you even slightly suspect some problem I highly recommend saving any
> data you can and doing a fresh install on this machine. Better to be
> safe then sorry.

Hi Ken,

Great minds think alike, eh? :-) I did actually "fix" this problem last night
by migrating into the fresh 10.2 installation, deleting my old user directory
on the '/home' partition and wiping the 10.0 '/' partition. The move was a
bit premature as I'm still setting things up but "safe" is definitely better
than "sorry."

Thanks again for the feedback & regards. Thanks again also to Dominique and
Randall.

Carl