Re: [opensuse] Can't find growisofs
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Jan 2007 01:42:48 +0100 (CET)

The Monday 2007-01-01 at 18:35 -0500, James Knott wrote:

> > It may be that this is what you are observing. kdar is (I guess) creating
> > backup archives bigger (slices?) than 4GB, which growisofs can't process.
> >

> Yes, that's what's happening. If I limit KDar to 4000 MB, it works. If
> 4100 MB, it fails.
> So, is it possible to fix mkisofs? I can understand a 4 GB limit with a
> 32 bit system, but I'm running 64 bits here.

No, it is not possible. As I understand the issue, it is not a limitation
of mkisofs, but of the iso filesystem itself. Ie, you can burn 9GB images,
but the files inside can not be bigger than 4Gb. It is different.

A solution would be to convince dar to use some other image format, like
XFS, for instance. Or raw.

- --
Cheers,
Carlos E. R.