Re: [opensuse] OpenSUSE 10.2 Laptop runs hot after resume
  • From: "Andre Truter" <andre.truter@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Dec 2006 13:24:48 +0200
On 12/25/06, Carlos E. R. <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> The system fan stil comes on at 80 deg and goes off at 75 deg again,
> so the system does not overheat. It just runs hot and every now and
> again, the fan comes on.

Then it could be a changed setting in fan triggering, or that it is a
different "thing" which is triggering the fan.

Yes, it seems that the fan is set to off after a hibernate.
/proc/acpi/fan/C263/state changes from "status: on" to "status:
off", but I have no idea what is causing it. All powersave settings
are the same, and all acpi related modules are the same.

Maybe I should try and reload the fan module after a hibernate.. I'll
give that a go and see what happens.
[...]

Perhaps when the scheme changes temperature settings are changed, and
other things. But a part of it is missing.

THe scheme does not change as far as I know.

[...]

If that is true and a card is consuming too much, it also increase the
temperature, but would it affect the cpu? Or is it just a temporary
situation while restoring, then the kernel gets control of things? Unless
a kernel developper has a look at it :-?

> 0x00800000. Please report this to <sdhci-devel@...>.

You could try that, or report it to bugzilla, so that Novell people do.

I did report it to the given email address. Hopefully the sdhci guys
will make some sense of it.

--
Andre Truter | Software Consultant | Registered Linux user #185282
Jabber: andre.truter@xxxxxxxxx | http://www.trusoft.co.za