Re: [opensuse] usb external disk questions
  • From: jdd <jdd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 24 Dec 2006 13:23:40 +0100
Primm a écrit :
Hi
I have an external 250Mb usb disk. 10.2 X86_64 picks it up as /dev/sdc and mounts it under /media/disk. I just formatted sdc1 with reiser. I want to use the disk as backup to take off the premises. I want /home /srv and /var/lib/mysql backing up. My question is, if I write a script to rsync these three directories to /media/disk will the mount point _always_ be /media/disk when I plug it back in again?

Or any other ideas?

Cheers
Steve

the better way is to name the partition (label), so that it's mounted in /media/<name>

however, I don't remember exactly how to name it :-(

jdd

--
http://www.dodin.net
http://dodin.org/mediawiki/index.php/GPS_Lowrance_GO