Re: [opensuse] OpenSUSE 10.2 Laptop runs hot after resume
  • From: Hans du Plooy <koffiejunkielistlurker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2006 16:28:26 +0200
On Fri, 2006-12-22 at 11:51 +0200, Andre Truter wrote:
> I don't have suspend-to-ram working, only suspend-to-disk (Hibernate)
> with successful resume.
> I don't think suspend-to-ram works on the HP nx6125

On a fresh install with only the included drivers it does work very
well. Not through the menus, but if you open a console and type:

s2ram -f

it works and resumes fine. There is a config file somewhere (I
think /etc/pm - I'm not in 10.2 now to check) where you can put
arguments for s2ram in.

I haven't had a chance to start installing drivers for the ATI graphics,
ndiswrapper and all the various external bits I have, so I can't say how
it works under those conditions. Will report back when I get around to
it, which might only be next year.

Hans