Re: [opensuse] Dear Novell...
  • From: Damon Register <damon.w.register@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2006 05:51:38 -0500
Marcus Meissner wrote:
On Wed, Dec 13, 2006 at 05:25:06AM -0500, Damon Register wrote:
about the MS/Novell deal: "we didn't get stupid overnight".

They already are poor as we started with publishing ISOs right at
the release time and we expected this.
I am not really trying to insult Novell but it is difficult to not
wonder if they are really thinking well about marketing and human
nature. No, I don't have any degree in either and am not an expert
but I still can make observations. SuSE's easy availability and
good price was one thing that got me started with SuSE 6.2. It
is very unlikely I would have bothered to checkout an unknown by
mail order (unless I can find "Das schöne Mädchen von Seite Eins").

It may very well be as another has stated that the USA is a small
market for Linux but I still believe that is is those few home
users who eventually push for it in the work places.

Damon Register