[opensuse] Suse 10.2 +KDE +Evolution
  • From: Art Fore <art.fore@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2006 03:57:12 +0800
I have a problem with evolution where everytine it goes out to check
email or send email, it asks for the the password eventhough I have the
remember password box checked. I sent a but report to Ximian and got the
following back.

"You can work around it this way:

test@Merlin:~> gnome-keyring-daemon
GNOME_KEYRING_SOCKET=/tmp/keyring-qdYsbQ/socket
GNOME_KEYRING_PID=16304

test@Merlin:~> export GNOME_KEYRING_SOCKET=/tmp/keyring-qdYsbQ/socket
test@Merlin:~> export GNOME_KEYRING_PID=16304

Substitute your socket and pid info in the above commands

Then start evo from the command line and away you go"

Then this:

so this sounds like a future FAQ for folks using evo under KDE then. :-/
feel free to close as NOTABUG, or to add a workaround for KDE people in
SuSE
(wasn't the whole game about making the use of computers easier? ;-) ,
or to
reassign to gnome-keyring-manager or whatever... :-)

Problem is, the workaround only workas as long as you don't reboot. I
turn off my computer every work day to save electricity, so this
workaround is only a short term solution. Is Novell going to fix this or
does anyone else have a solution so you don't have to do this work
around evertime you start your computer? If there is no permanent fix,
guess I will have to migrate to KMail.

Art