Re: [opensuse] opensuse 10.2 feature question
  • From: B.Weber@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 1 Dec 2006 20:49:42 -0000 (GMT)
> FAT: Add "-o flush" mount option for fat for removable media devices
> (USB flash-based memory devices, MP3 players). Mounting with -o flush
> tells FAT to write things to disk as quickly as possible. It is like
> -o sync, but much faster (and not as safe). Think of it like a fast
> "async" mount (commit)

-o flush works here, and looking at the changelogs for 10.1 it appears it
was added then. My USB devices appear to be mounted with it automatically.
The kde and gnome automount things have support too. See
http://benjiweber.co.uk/screenshots/usb-opts.png the Flushed IO option.

I'm not sure what the difference between this and what is mentioned in the
2.6.19 changelog. Perhaps someone could enlighten me.

_
Benjamin Weber