Re: [opensuse] Belkin wireless pci destination host unreachable
  • From: Darryl Gregorash <raven@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2006 15:41:13 -0600
On 2006-11-24 15:16, John Pierce wrote:
> Hello, I just purchased a Belkin Wireless G desktop card.
> I downloaded the necessary madwifi and madwifi kernel module for suse
> 10.1 from the web site.
> <snip>
It probably isn't working because the madwifi module only supports
Atheros chipsets, while the Belkin NICs use Ralink rt2500 series.

According to Linuxemporium
( SuSE 10.1 has had
support for those chips surgically removed, but they give a link to get
it up and running: Maybe
support has been returned by now; I don't see any date on the
Linuxemporium article.

Since Ralink has put its drivers under the GPL, you should have no
problem finding them. Here's one freebie to get you started :-)