RE: [opensuse] Mounting cdrecorder
  • From: "Gomez, Daniel" <dgomez@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2006 04:53:04 -0500
> ... can't mount the cdrecorder. When I try I get the message: can't
> find /media/cdrecorder in /etc/fstab or etc/mtab How can I correct
> this situation?

Someone else can give you details on how to ensure Gnome/KDE are better
setup to identify when removable input devices are added. However there
are at least two other ways to configure this: automount and /etc/fstab.

Below illustates mounting input devices on "my" host including the
cdrom:

/etc/fstab:

/dev/fd0 /media/floppy auto noauto,user,sync,nodev 0 0
/dev/cdrom /media/cdrom iso9660 noauto,user,ro,nodev 0 0
/dev/sda1 /media/usbdrive auto noauto,user,sync,nodev 0 0

As for the automounter, which is especially useful if you want to easily
mount exporting servers by traversing the /net directory and will be
configured if you are in a corporate environment:

suse:~ # egrep "^/misc|cd" /etc/auto.{master,misc}
/etc/auto.master:/misc /etc/auto.misc
/etc/auto.misc:cd -fstype=iso9660,ro,nosuid,nodev
:/dev/cdrom

Start /etc/init.d/autofs and you should be able to see your disc
contents by listing /misc/cd