Re: [opensuse] Icons Awol after Update [THREAD ENDS]
  • From: Carl Hartung <suselinux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2006 19:01:43 -0500
On Monday 20 November 2006 17:42, John Andersen wrote:
> And thats exactly where I'm going Carl. Its a new machine that I'm just
> putting into service and I don't have any commitment to the present
> install. It seems wiser to me to restart fresh than try to fix this mess.

Well, that's not so bad then. At least it usually goes faster the second time
around. ;-) Be sure to wipe the partition(s) first. Some are skeptical, but
I and others have had bits and pieces of prior installations 'bleed through'.

> I thank you for your help, you are a gentleman and a scholar and I take
> back every bad thing I've said about you. ;-)

Er... thanks! ;-)

> BTW, this SAME thing happened to Mark Shuttleworth in late 2005. I found
> his posting on the ubuntu forums via google.

Many similar reports at bugs.kde.org but all from years ago.

Good luck and have fun!

Carl