Re: [opensuse] Ballmer: Linux users owe Microsoft
  • From: M Harris <harrismh777@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2006 00:27:29 -0600
On Sunday 19 November 2006 05:05, Anders Johansson wrote:
> The difference of course is that Gore never claimed to have invented the
> Internet, merely that he acted in his role as senator to push through the
> financing to make it happen - which is true
Semantic spin which is absolute balderdash ....

He said, "I took the initiative in creating the internet".

This statement is not qualified... it says nothing of his duties as Senator
to push anything within his power to "push"... it says simply, plainly,
arrogantly, and stupidly--- that he is the ONE who took the INITIATIVE to
CREATE the Internet... which is pure hockey-puck. He didn't initiate anything
of the sort... nor did he take the initiative... nor did he create any such
thing... he may have sponsored internet related legislation, and he may have
taken a lead (I doubt it) role to sponsor the use, blah blah blah... but his
stupid statement (the right wing didn't have to spin it into stupidity
either) clearly implies that if it were not for him there would be no
internet... balderdash.

Ok... I'll stop using the word "invent" when I'm on my ALGORE stump.

--
Kind regards,

M Harris <><