Changing Input Languge SUSE 10.1
  • From: QiuFeng <MingQiuFeng_8@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2006 16:45:06 +0000 (UTC)

Can't understand why I can enable SCIM in SUSE 10 and type Chinese in OPEN
OFFICE in Gnome Desktop. Yet I can't do it in KDE! Yet if I enable CHINESE
or other Language inputs in KDE then in fact it TRIES to type CHINESE in for
example the SEARCH area. However it won't type it in OPEN OFFICE? (Does this
have anything to do with OPEN OFFICE being a GNOME program? I've read a
comment like that before.)

I am new to LINUX and can't think of anything else at the moment that makes
SENSE for this situation? I am running the SUSE Live CD and I 'work' in
CHINA so I "NEED" to have CHINESE imput. I typically use KDE and don't find
GNOME as an alternative.

Is there somethign I must add to OPEN OFFICE to get it to type CHINESE or
other languages?